About Afghanistan Cricket Board
The rise of cricket in Afghanistan over the last decade has been an extraordinary story in the world of sports. The rapid growth of cricket in the country and the simultaneous success of the National Cricket Team has resulted in cricket being the most popular sport in Afghanistan. Cricket fans across Afghanistan and beyond have developed immense interest in the game of cricket and the National Cricket Team’s participation in both domestic and international cricketing events is closely followed and draw large crowds at the grounds and followers on Television, print media and the internet.
The Afghanistan Cricket Federation was established in 1995 and Afghanistan was granted affiliate membership by the International Cricket Council (ICC) in 2001. Afghanistan was granted associate membership of the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) in 2003. The president of the country issued a decree on 2nd June 2009 which made Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB) an independent governing body for the development and promotion of the game of cricket in the country. In 2013, Afghanistan was granted Associate Member status of ICC following notable progress in different areas of administration and development of the game. Afghanistan obtained Full Membership of ICC in June 2017 to become one of the 12 Full Member nations.
The Sr. Finance Manager is responsible for all of the financial operations and finance staff within the Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB).
The Manager implements policies and processes to ensure attainment of the ACB’s strategic goals and provides management, direction and structure for all finance functions, especially financial recording and reporting – ensuring that these are conducted accurately, on time and as required.
||04 Aug 2018
||04 Sep 2018
|Number of Vacancies:
||As per company salary scale
||Years of Experience:
||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)
Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee all financial functions of the ACB with responsibilities including:
• Maintain day-to-day financial control of the service within Cashier.
• Developing the ACB annual budget and ensuring compliance with it by all Departments.
• Monitoring and evaluating all ACB financial operations, at least quarterly, and submitting recommendations to the senior Finance manager for improved systems if current operations are inadequate.
• Ensuring accurate, complete recording and regular entry of all financial transactions of the ACB.
• Supervise cash management processes.
• Ensuring accurate and monthly
• reconciliation of accounts
• budget comparison reports and ensure that budgets are not over-spent and that funder, donor and sponsor requirements are met within the budget
• bank statement reconciliations and take necessary follow up actions to correct discrepancies
• Submitting accurate monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reports, at the required time, to the Senior Finance Manager, and COO.
• Forecasting income and expenditure.
• Ensuring compliance with all ACB finance policies and procedures, including strategic plans and constitutional requirements.
• Ensuring compliance with all financial audit requirements including the ACB constitutional requirements as well as those of the ICC, ACC, the Ministry of Finance and other donors and sponsors.
• Manage relationships with banking institutions and ensure good working relationships with government entities.
• Ensuring that the ACB operates in all its operations with complete financial transparency and integrity. Closely monitor all ACB financial activities and immediately report any suspected violation of policy or procedure, fraud or embezzlement of ACB resources by staff or others.
• Prepare analytical and comparative reports showing different financial statistics of ACB
• Suggest and implement financial policy for better Management of the of the funds
• Guiding Management in major financial decisions.
• Oversea finance department activities and make sure transaction occurs according to the annual budget and financial policy
• Prepare Financial reports for ICC, MoF and other stack holders
• Identify areas of the potential improvement including proper tracking of the all financial activities and minimize the financial risks
• To perform any relevant task which assigned by line manager
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Writing skills and demonstrated the ability to develop written reports and action plans in both English and local languages.
• Familiar with government financial or tax policy
• Ability to work with business leads and creative teams to successfully meet deadlines in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
• Effective communication skills to communicate effectively with all concerned staff.
• Master degree in Business Administration or any other related discipline.
• Ability to use different accounting software.
• 6 years of experience in related filed.
• Strong understanding of theoretical and practical cricket issues including familiarity with ICC and ACC rules.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
Interested Afghan National candidates should submit their applications via e-mail, indicating in the subject line the title and vacancy number of the position (Finance Manager-0102018) to the below email address. Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration.
Only short-listed candidates who meet the criteria will be contacted for an interview.