Afghanistan Cricket Board.
The rise of cricket in Afghanistan over the last decade has been an extraordinary story in the world of sports. The rapid growth of cricket in the country and the simultaneous success of the National Cricket Team has resulted in cricket being the most popular sport in Afghanistan. Cricket fans across Afghanistan and beyond have developed immense interest in the game of cricket and the National Cricket Team’s participation in both domestic and international cricketing events is closely followed and draw large crowds at the grounds and followers on Television, print media and the internet.
The Afghanistan Cricket Federation was established in 1995 and Afghanistan was granted affiliate membership by the International Cricket Council (ICC) in 2001. Afghanistan was granted associate membership of the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) in 2003. The president of the country issued a decree on 2nd June 2009 which made Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB) an independent governing body for the development and promotion of the game of cricket in the country. In 2013, Afghanistan was granted Associate Member status of ICC following notable progress in different areas of administration and development of the game. Afghanistan obtained Full Membership of ICC in June 2017 to become one of the 12 Full Member nations.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Contribute in development of Regional and Provincial cricket development strategy
• Implement Regional and Provincial development strategy and achieve its targets
• Work in partnership with Domestic Manager in implementing and reviewing development policies
• Develop annual and monthly work plan and activities reports
• Provide strategic leadership for relating regional and provincial teams
• To manage development, co-ordination, and implementation of a range of cricket projects and to increase participation and performance levels from school playground to Regional competitions.
• Deliver high quality, in-school, university, club, academy, disabled, provincial and regional cricket programs.
• Carry out appropriate administration and reporting tasks as required.
• Come up with different capacity building approaches for regional and provincial related teams
• Arrange regional and inter provincial tournaments for Age group, school, university, academy, Disabled and club level players
• Ensure that effective evaluation and reporting takes place with regard to all development planning targets
• Monthly reporting meetings with the provincial in-charges and ACB domestic manager
• 6-monthly interim and annual performance appraisals with the provincial in-charges and ACB domestic manager
• Design a database to maintain records of players, rankings, grounds, and pictures for T-20, one-day, two day and first class matches.
• Frequently monitor and assist cricket academies, age group cricket, clubs, schools, universities and Disabled Cricket at regional and provincial level
• Come up with capacity building plans for volunteer development
• Ensure regular reporting on fundraising at regional and provincial level to ACB Domestic Manager
• Co-ordinate girls and women’s development involving schools, clubs, development groups, local authorities and other partner agencies.
• Prepare, submit and/or present reports/presentations, as and when required by the Domestic Manager
• Perform any other duties assigned by the Domestic Cricket Manager
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Strong understanding of theoretical and practical cricket issues including familiarity with ICC rules
• Should have excellent reports writing skills
• Excellent communication skills ( Dari, Pashtu, English).
• Bachelor degree in business administration or any other similar discipline
• 5 years of experience in Cricket Development
Afghanistan - Paktia
Bachelors Degree, Management
Interested Afghan National candidates should submit their applications via e-mail, indicating in the subject line the title and vacancy number of the position (021/2018) to the below email address. Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration.
Only short-listed candidates who meet the criteria will be contacted for an interview.
CV to firstname.lastname@example.org