About Afghanistan Cricket Board
Afghanistan Cricket Board.
The rise of cricket in Afghanistan over the last decade has been an extraordinary story in the world of sports. The rapid growth of cricket in the country and the simultaneous success of the National Cricket Team has resulted in cricket being the most popular sport in Afghanistan. Cricket fans across Afghanistan and beyond have developed immense interest in the game of cricket and the National Cricket Team’s participation in both domestic and international cricketing events is closely followed and draw large crowds at the grounds and followers on Television, print media and the internet.
The Afghanistan Cricket Federation was established in 1995 and Afghanistan was granted affiliate membership by the International Cricket Council (ICC) in 2001. Afghanistan was granted associate membership of the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) in 2003. The president of the country issued a decree on 2nd June 2009 which made Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB) an independent governing body for the development and promotion of the game of cricket in the country. In 2013, Afghanistan was granted Associate Member status of ICC following notable progress in different areas of administration and development of the game. Afghanistan obtained Full Membership of ICC in June 2017 to become one of the 12 Full Member nations.
The Procurement Officer has overall responsibility for managing all the purchasing needs and functions of the ACB. The position is a hands-on job – involving planning as well as basic maintenance. The Officer’s primary responsibility will be to proactively manage the ACB’s strategic, tactical and routine IT needs on a daily basis. The Officer will ensure that these needs are all met effectively as personal duties.
REPORTS TO: Procurement Manager
||25 Jul 2018
||06 Aug 2018
|Number of Vacancies:
||As per company salary scale
||Years of Experience:
||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)
Duties and Responsibilities
• Implementation of procurement policy including sourcing, suppliers’ selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management, performance measurement;
Reporting on delivery of procurement services.
• Liaising with contractors/suppliers to ensure timely delivery. Liaise with end-users, contractions and suppliers on quality deficiencies and on appropriateness of goods and cricket equipments.
• Evaluating contractors/suppliers claims pertaining to outstanding contracts/ procurement actions, subsequent endorsement of invoices in accordance with Financial Rules and Regulations.
• Assist other employees in Analyzing the demand for supplies and forecast future needs.
• Maintain purchase related documents (requests, quotations, purchase order, bid opening, bid analysis report, invoice, goods received notes, translation sheet and supply contact documents) and forward required documents to office of finance for disbursement
• Take responsibility for movement of all goods and equipment including coordinate with Stock keeper, Procurement Officer and Distribution staff to ensure efficient and timely delivery of relief commodities.
• Provide necessary facilities and goods (paper, pen, table, chairs, etc) to the staff as and when needed
• To provide and filling out the logistic form according to the ACB procurement or Afghanistan government Law
• Identify requirements and establish and maintain all logistical infrastructures for administration and operations
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills; attention to detail; ability to work under pressure and meet the deadlines.
• Ability to work as a team member in varied activities and projects.
• Knowledge of MS Office automation.
• Ability to communicate orally in English, Pashto, Dari or other required languages with customers, co-workers, and vendors in face-to-face, one-to-one settings, or using the telephone and/or email.
• Ability to file and update files, both hard as well as soft files.
• Bachelor degree in Business administration or any other related field.
• Accounting practices as applied to logistic procedures.
• At least 3 years experience in procurement and logistic field in any organization preferably in a government entity.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Management
Interested Afghan National candidates should submit their applications via e-mail, indicating in the subject line the title and vacancy number of the position applied (Procurement Officer -08/2018) to the below email address. Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration.
Only short-listed candidates who meet the criteria will be contacted for an interview.