The Afghanistan Cricket Board was established in 2001. It is an independent and specialized organization in the field of Cricket. It works for the development of cricket, and players in the country, and organizes different formats of opportunities aiming to improve cricket and support players. ACB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Therefore, applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities, and experience.
The National Head Coach is competent and qualified cricket professional who is responsible to the Afghanistan Cricket Board for the delivery of high quality and international standard coaching with the aim of improving performance and results of the Afghanistan National Cricket Team with an over-riding emphasis on quality at all levels.
The coach reports to the ACB Chief Executive Officer (CEO) through him to the ACB Chairman. He will maintain regular and open communication with them and will provide;
- Formal written monthly reports on activities, developments and important issues/problems.
- Formal written reports on player performance, fitness, and appraisals as required for the player’s contract.
- Formal written reports for major camps, matches, tournament and activities.
The National Head Coach will collaborate closely with;
- The board and its Chairman, the CEO, Cricket Operations and Selection Committee(s).
- The Coach of the National Cricket Academy
- Other Coaches in working to develop the skills of the national teams
- Senior Management in developing ACB proposals, work plans, and other master plans.
The National Head Coach supervises coaches, other training assistants, as well as having an advisory role in the planning of the development and training of domestic coaches.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITY
The key responsibilities of this position include the following;
1. Coaching – Planning, Development and Implementation
- Leading the coaching team in planning, training, managing and implementing an annual coaching plan for the Afghanistan National Cricket Team.
- For the national teams as whole- Working with Senior Management in developing formal, written, annual coaching plan and other training activities as well as implementing those plans for the national team.
For Individual Players:
- The National Head Coach will lead the coaching team in completing the ACB’s standard performance appraisal forms in writing for individual cricketers. These forms will take into account the cricketer’s performance during the season and the results of standard fitness lets conduct during the season
- At the end of the season, the national head coach will lead the preparation of a written document detailing reasonably required fitness tests and reasonably required levels of fitness which shall be conducted and required by the ACB for all cricketers on the commencement of the following season.
- The National Head Coach will ensure that one, Mid-season, formal performance and fitness appraisal takes place for every player in the National Team. This appraisal will set formal performance and fitness objectives and any other matters which may affect the player. The objectives will be set out in writing as a part of the National Head Coach’s mid-season appraisal report on each player.
- Providing support and advice in the development of a cricket pathway from beginners to the elite level throughout the country – as outlines in the ICC participation pathway publication.
2. Players Training and Development
- Establishing a suitable individual training plan for each of the national team players aiming to enhance their capacity, performance, consistency, and team spirit.
- Conducting needs assessment with national coaches to establish training, facility and equipment needs.
- Coordinating and liaising with the medical advisors to assist in the management, treatment, and prevention of injuries within the national cricket program.
- Conducting ongoing development planning, in collaboration with senior management, aimed at improving the number and quality of coaches in the country.
3. Review, Monitoring and Evaluating
Monitoring and evaluating his own coaching as well as the national team’s performance(s) using Video Analysis, SWOT analysis and “Lessons Learned” sessions for all major games and tournaments.
4. Financial Accountability
- Working within agreed financial budgets
- Providing, when required, financial reports regarding expenditure in accordance with ACB financial rules and regulations, reviewing the reports, signing and submitting them to the CEO or Finance Manager as requested.
5. Professional Standards
- Maintaining the highest level of confidentiality in matters sensitive to the ACB’s operational activities.
- Acting in a professional manner at all times.
- Following the ACB’s Professional Standards and Code of Ethics on all areas of the role.
- Minimum ICC Level 3 Coaching Qualification
- Demonstrable success as a cricket coach at Domestic and/or International level
- Experience of coaching in professional cricket.
- Minimum of 7 years’ coaching experience, preferably with ICC Full Member(s).
- Should have experience as Head Coach of a Full Member for minimum 2 years or Head Coach of an Associate Member/international leagues/First Class Teams/National A Team, for minimum 3 years.
- Ability to motivate and influence professional cricketers, coaches and teams
- Resilience and energy to operate in a challenging and high profile working environment
- Proven ability to operate with professionalism and integrity in challenging situations
- Exceptional planning, co-ordination and organizational skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- High level interpersonal, written, and verbal communication and influencing skills
- Strong disciplinary skills
- ICC Level 4 Coaching Qualification
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of leading a high performance Program in professional cricket
- Sports Science and Medicine professional qualification
Head Coach may be required to travel Afghanistan from time to time.
Interested qualified candidates are requested to send their CV along with a Cover letter to the below email address no later than 16th August 2019.
Note: Do not forget to mention position title at the subject line of your emails or else your applications will not be considered