About Afghanistan Cricket Board
Afghanistan Cricket Board.
The rise of cricket in Afghanistan over the last decade has been an extraordinary story in the world of sports. The rapid growth of cricket in the country and the simultaneous success of the National Cricket Team has resulted in cricket being the most popular sport in Afghanistan. Cricket fans across Afghanistan and beyond have developed immense interest in the game of cricket and the National Cricket Team’s participation in both domestic and international cricketing events is closely followed and draw large crowds at the grounds and followers on Television, print media and the internet.
The Afghanistan Cricket Federation was established in 1995 and Afghanistan was granted affiliate membership by the International Cricket Council (ICC) in 2001. Afghanistan was granted associate membership of the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) in 2003. The president of the country issued a decree on 2nd June 2009 which made Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB) an independent governing body for the development and promotion of the game of cricket in the country. In 2013, Afghanistan was granted Associate Member status of ICC following notable progress in different areas of administration and development of the game. Afghanistan obtained Full Membership of ICC in June 2017 to become one of the 12 Full Member nations.
Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB) requires reliable, accurate and timely information to manage its services, inform users and account for its performance.
ACB application/development section develops, implement and maintains database systems. Provide technical support to ACB programs/departments Database developer Team is responsible to collect and analyze requirements and develop online system for ACB.
The database developer will report to IT & MIS Manager.
||30 Jul 2018
||12 Aug 2018
|Number of Vacancies:
||As per company salary scale
||Years of Experience:
||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)
Duties and Responsibilities
Networking and Systems
• Establish and implement Database development unit goals and objectives.
• Develop a secure, multi-language database driven web Applications using the latest web development technologies for ACB departments/programs, collect its requirement and business process analysis
• Modify/add new functionality to the current available database systems if required by department/program of ACB
• Develop validation checks for ACB database systems to protect users from entering invalid data.
• Standardizing database technologies, coding procedures and technical documentation in ACB.
• Review and comments on requirements, technical and user documentation of ACB Database system.
• Establish and maintain the database daily maintenance plan. Make sure database works efficient and accurate
• Tackling prioritized tasks, boosting technical team and working on a deadline-driven schedule.
• Organize Advance level programming training to the ACB team.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by IT and MIS Manager or Top Management
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Ability to design and implement the database.
Ability to meet deadlines, ability to allocate and review priorities.
Effective communication skills to communicate effectively with all concerned partners
Expert level ability to rapidly and effectively understand and translate business requirements into effective technical solutions.
Expert in written communication and documentation in both English and National languages
Expert in user experience and user interface design
Expert in PHP, object oriented, and its framework Laravel
Expert with front end design frameworks, specially Google Material Design.
Expert in source code management tools, specially client side Git and its custom deployed server administration.
Good team player and planning skills
Keen to learn new technologies and techniques.
• Bachelor degree in computer science with 3 years relevant experience.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, IT
Interested Afghan National candidates should submit their applications via e-mail, indicating in the subject line the title and vacancy number of the position (database developer -09/2018) to the below email address. Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration.
Only short-listed candidates who meet the criteria will be contacted for an interview.